It is our pleasure to invite you for a very special event: the Harvard Business Case Discussion of The Dutch Flower Cluster, co-written and frequently taught by The Decision Institute. Participate in this great case discussion and experience the challenges of the flower industry by yourself. The event will be held on June 29th on the Flower Auction Aalsmeer. As an optional part of the program, we are proud to be able to offer you an exclusive behind-the-scenes tour of the Flower Auction Aalsmeer by FloraHolland’s director auctioning & quality.
The Dutch Flower Cluster
The Dutch Flower Cluster is the world’s leading flower industry with 60% share in world exports, mainly traded via FloraHolland’s auctions. The industry is selected as one of the “topgebieden” and highly innovative. Yet the industry is being challenged by issues that most businesses are familiar with nowadays. The case discussion addresses these challenges as well as how flower cultivation could have become such a successful industry for The Netherlands in a relatively cold and cloudy climate.
- Visit our special Dutch Flower Case website for more information on the case.
Prof. Dr. Fred van Eenennaam is ranked with an 8.2 for his case teaching skills in 2011. With Prof. M.E. Porter, he wrote the Harvard Business Case The Dutch Flower Cluster. Together with Prof. Lorsch, Prof. Palepu and Prof. Porter, van Eenennaam teaches at the Harvard Business School and at Erasmus, The George Washington University, St Gallen and formerly at Nyenrode. He is professor of strategy and dynamics of strategy and has set up several board programs (The New CFO, New Board Program, Maximize Your Board’s Potential).
Program & Participation
The program for Friday June 29th will be:
- 07.30h: Optional – Exclusive behind-the-scenes tour at FloraHolland Aalsmeer with director auctioning & quality (optional)
- 09.00h: Welcome – Coffee & Tea
- 09.30h: Harvard style Case discussion The Dutch Flower Cluster
- 10.45h: Break
- 11.00h: Discussion on impications of your business challenges of today – staying ahead of the curve
- 12.00h: Closing
PE points can be obtained by participating in the case discussion. The fee for this event is €295,-. We hope to welcome you on June 29th for this great case discussion of The Dutch Flower Cluster.
- Fill in the applicationform for participation orsSend an e-mail to Niels van Gorp: email@example.com with your name and address to apply for participation or for additional information.
- Send an e-mail to Astrid Wortelboer: firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be informed on the coming (executive) programs on the area of Strategy, Competitiveness or Governance organized by The Decision Institute.
Clusters and Competitiveness:
- The Netherlands Institute of Competitiveness
- Microeconomics of Competitiveness
- Porter’s institute on clusters and competitiveness
Executive Education Programs and contributions:
- Strategy & Governance Excellence Series
- Master Class Cluster Development
- Strategic Leadership Program
- AVVM association management programs
The Decision Group Strategy Consulting on Competitiveness & Clusters:
- Consulting on Competitiveness & Clusters